Top 25 Retail KPIs of 2010
In recent times, the use of KPIs in the Retail industry increased in popularity, driven by the tougher economic conditions, globalization of trade, growth of online shopping and advances in technology available for data gathering and reporting.
The Top 25 Retail KPIs of 2010 report is a comprehensive analysis of the most popular KPIs for Retail in 2010, selected by the number of visualizations they received from the smartKPIs.com community.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs ... Naturally
- smartKPIs.com Community Profile
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Functional Areas Taxonomy
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Industries Taxonomy
- KPI Documentation form Explained
- Top 25 Retail KPIs of 2010 Countdown Analysis
- Top 25 Retail KPIs of 2010 List
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Related Reports
- Appendix C: About eab group
- Appendix D: eab group Services
- Appendix E: eab group Online Portfolio
About the Retail industry
Retailing consists of the sale of goods or merchandise, usually in small quantities, directly to end consumers. KPIs focus on measuring the volume of sales, turnover and efficiency in organizing the retail store operations.
Highlights from the report
Top 25 Retail KPIs of 2010 offers an overview of the most popular KPIs in Retail by combining input from the smartKPIs.com community with research and analysis from the editorial team. Some of the main sections are:
- “KPIs … Naturally”, an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- A list with the names of the Top 25 Retail KPI examples in 2010 on smartKPIs.com, followed by a brief analysis of each;
- Among the most popular 25 KPI examples for the Retail industry in 2010, top 3 is made of:
- # Inventory to sales ratio (ISR)
- % Same store sales growth
- $ Sales per unit area
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
- Collection of the most popular 25 Retail KPIs of 2010;
- Thorough analysis of each KPI according to smartKPIs.com documentation form and standards;
- A valuable baseline resource to informing and addressing 2011 challenges in the Retail practice.
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports by Functional Area
Top KPIs Reports by Industry
This feature is only available to smartKPIs Explorer, Premium and Insight subscribers. Purchase a subscription now.