Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010
Research & Development (R&D) KPIs are essential for tracking the performance of R&D programs. smartKPIs.com contains over 75 R&D KPI examples, with many other secondary KPI examples grouped in complementary functional areas.
The Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 report is a comprehensive analysis on the most popular KPIs for Research & Development in 2010, selected by the number of views they received from the smartKPIs.com community.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs ... Naturally
- smartKPIs.com Community Profile
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Functional Areas Taxonomy
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Industries Taxonomy
- KPI Documentation form Explained
- Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 Countdown Analysis
- Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 List
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Related Reports
- Appendix C: About eab group
- Appendix D: eab group Services
- Appendix E: eab group Online Portfolio
About the R&D functional area
R&D functional area sums up the activities centered around research and development, with the purpose of improving current situations and performance within the organization.
According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, R&D refers to "creative work undertaken on a systematic basis in order to increase the stock of knowledge, including knowledge of man, culture and society, and the use of this stock of knowledge to devise new applications."
Highlights from the report
Top 25 R&D KPIs of 2010 offers an overview of the most popular KPIs for the Research & Development department, by combining input from the smartKPIs.com community with research and analysis from the editorial team. Some of the main sections are:
- “KPIs … Naturally”, an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- A list with the names of the Top 25 R&D KPI examples in 2010 on smartKPIs.com, followed by a brief analysis of each;
- Among the most popular 25 KPI examples for the R&D functional area in 2010, top 3 is made of:
- $ Research & development costs
- # Concept approval cycle time
- $ Development costs per new product
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
- Collection of the most popular 25 Research & Development KPIs of 2010;
- Thorough analysis of each KPI according to smartKPIs.com documentation form and standards;
- A valuable baseline resource to informing and addressing 2011 R&D performance management and measurement challenges.
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports by Functional Area
Top KPIs Reports by Industry
This feature is only available to smartKPIs Explorer, Premium and Insight subscribers. Purchase a subscription now.