Top 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010
The use of KPIs in Project Management is essential, due to the high proportion of projects implemented below expectations. Actively monitoring project health at the initiation and deployment phase is essential to address project performance issues in their early stages.
The Top 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010 report is a comprehensive analysis on the most popular Project Management KPIs in 2010, selected by the number of views they received from the smartKPIs.com community.
Table of contents
- Executive Summary
- About Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- KPIs ... Naturally
- smartKPIs.com Community Profile
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Functional Areas Taxonomy
- 2010 smartKPIs.com Industries Taxonomy
- KPI Documentation form Explained
- Top 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010 Countdown Analysis
- Top 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010 List
- Appendix A: Glossary of Terms
- Appendix B: Related Reports
- Appendix C: About eab group
- Appendix D: eab group Services
- Appendix E: eab group Online Portfolio
About the Project Management functional area
According to the UK Office Of Government Commerce (2005), “projects bring together resources, skills, technology and ideas to achieve business objectives and deliver business benefits. Good project management helps to ensure that risks are identified and managed appropriately and objectives and benefits are achieved within budget, within time and to the required quality”.
KPIs in the Project Management functional area on smartKPIs.com refer to the quality of the project implementation processes, as well as the quantitative outputs and outcomes of the projects conducted.
Highlights from the report
Top 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010 offers an overview of the most popular Project Management KPIs by combining input from the smartKPIs.com community with research and analysis from the editorial team. Some of the main sections are:
- “KPIs … Naturally”, an article that sets the context through a discussion on what is old and what is new in the use of KPIs;
- An introduction to the custom KPI documentation form developed by the smartKPIs.com research team for documenting KPIs (with over 30 fields of data, making this the most thorough KPI documentation template in use today);
- A list with the names of the Top 25 Project Management KPI examples in 2010 on smartKPIs.com, followed by a brief analysis of each;
- Among the most popular 25 KPI examples for the Project Management functional area in 2010, top 3 is made of:
- # Earned man-hours
- % Project resource utilization
- % Project budget variance at project end
- A detailed description of each KPI listed in the report, as documented in smartKPIs Premium (the premium content section of smartKPIs.com);
- Comprehensive insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) as performance measurement tools and a glossary explaining the most popular terms characterizing KPIs.
- Collection of the most popular 25 Project Management KPIs of 2010;
- Thorough analysis of each KPI according to smartKPIs.com documentation form and standards;
- A valuable baseline resource to informing and addressing 2011 Project Management challenges.
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports
Top KPIs Reports by Functional Area
Top KPIs Reports by Industry
This feature is only available to smartKPIs Explorer, Premium and Insight subscribers. Purchase a subscription now.