We acknowledge that any organisation is as good as the people that form it.
smartKPIs.com has a team of experienced consultants and network associates with a blend of practical business experience, strong consulting skills and an interest in academic research. A common denominator of our team is the hands-on approach, the commitment to using scientific methods and practical experience to deliver tangible and sustainable benefits.
Meet some of our team members:
Aurel Brudan is an international expert in Performance Management and a leading representative of a new generation of researchers and consultants that are reshaping the discipline. What sets Aurel apart is a unique combination of experience, education, innovation and passion for performance architecture.
For the last 10 years, Aurel worked in Europe, USA and Australia, specializing in organizational performance management in industries such as financial services, real estate, operations, services, as well as the federal, state government and non-profit sectors. Aurel also has extensive experience in Procurement and Project Management, at both project delivery and PMO operations levels. As consultant he conducted numerous performance management systems implementations using solutions such as the Balanced Scorecard, operational dashboards and functional performance scorecards. Among the most important clients are: Australia Post, National Australian Bank, the Australian Federal Administration and the Victorian Government.
Aurel’s academic qualifications include a Bachelor of Science with Honours in Economics / Marketing and a Graduate Certificate in Commercialisation at Melbourne Business School (in progress). Aurel is also in the final stages of his PhD. candidature at the University of Melbourne, researching Integrated Performance Management Frameworks. His certifications in Enterprise Architecture (TOGAF 9) and Project Management (PRINCE 2 Practitioner) complement his extensive performance management acumen.
Aurel has published a number of forward thinking academic articles on performance management topics and has presented at both academic and practitioner conferences at international level.
As an educator, Aurel accumulated hundreds of hours of experience in a variety of settings, from open and in-house training delivery, to tutoring management for the University of Melbourne.
Aurel is a member of the Academy of Management, the Australian New Zealand Academy of Management, the Australian Institute of Management and the Australian Marketing Institute.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Economics / Marketing
- PhD. Candidate at the University of Melbourne, researching Integrated Performance Management Frameworks (in progress)
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Learning and Leadership at the University of Melbourne (in progress)
- Graduate Certificate in Commercialisation at the Melbourne Business School (in progress)
Business Performance Analyst
Professional and educational background have facilitated to Adrian the acquisition of various capabilities in management consulting field.
Interested in academic research, Adrian has acquired during and after postgraduate studies in-depth knowledge in performance management and maturity models.
The research topics he has approached analyze the use of maturity models in performance management, his research results providing a solid starting point in the study and standardization of a Maturity Model of Managing Performance in organizations.
As a consultant Adrian holds a valuable experience both in performance management, and project management. His experience and knowledge ranging from implementation and use of performance management systems such as Balanced Scorecard, to document and selection of performance indicators and developing Dashboard and Scorecard type instruments, customized for the various industries and functional areas in an existing organization.
His educational and professional background is completed by attending an array of seminars and international conferences in the field of Performance Management, Balanced Scorecard and Performance Indicators:
- The Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) Academic Conference, 8-10 December 2010, Adelaide, Australia
- The Palladium Group Seminar Strategy Execution, Strategy Execution and Performance - Delivering Breakthroughs in the Next Decade, with Dr. Robert Kaplan, September 15, 2010, Melbourne, Australia
- Asia Business Forum, Measurement & KPIs for HR, 29 - 1 December 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Master in International Affairs and Law, Aarhus School of Business (ASB), University of Aarhus, Denmark - Certification in Advanced Management Techniques, European Summer School in Advanced Management (ESSAM), International MBA Program, Aarhus, Denmark;
- Master in Management and European Integration, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (West University Of Timisoara);
- BA in International Economic Relations, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration (West University of Timisoara);
Dr. Sorin Daniliuc
Sorin has strong skills in quantitative analysis and his technical knowledge of accounting, business finance and management can be applied to provide a range of high quality services for clients. During the last seven years he was engaged in complex assignments and projects involving research and data analysis that proved his investigative, conceptualising and analytical skills.
In recent years, Sorin has gained extensive experience in the analysis of business viability and profitability. His PhD thesis researched the acquisition-process factors that influence the accounting and capital market performance of Australian publicly listed acquirers. His research provided him with the capacity to evaluate and make recommendations on M&As. Throughout the project, Sorin developed his ability to strategically analyse investment prospects in their entirety and to conduct major projects.
As a management and economic consultant, Sorin uses his analytical skills to provide a complete suite of organisational performance management solutions, ranging from business plan development to the design and preparation of performance reports.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours in Economics / Management
- PhD in Commerce (ANU): "Acquisition process factors that influence the performance of publicly listed acquirers"
Anita (Yixin) Liang
With robust research, analysis and synthesis skills, Anita is specialised in identifying, analyzing and documenting Key Performance Indicators that are used by business organizations in various functional areas and industries. She developed sound analytical skills from her academic background. She has completed studies in economics, finance and accounting, during which she has acquired rigorous understanding of accounting and finance indicators and financial performance reporting. Anita has also been involved in several business projects in Australia, Malaysia and China. She has gained experience in carrying out business process mapping, documentation, and improvement for businesses in manufacturing, professional service and government sectors.
- Bachelor of Economics and Business;
- Master of Management - Accounting (University of Melbourne).
Ophenia (Qiwen) Liang
Ophenia has versatile marketing skills from her academic and practical experience, with a specialization in online marketing. She is a practitioner in both search engines marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO) area, from strategic campaign planning to execution and evaluation. Ophenia has professional marketing experience in emerging markets as well as developed countries, as she has worked in China, India, New Zealand and Australia. Her industry experience includes media, telecommunications, education and the not-for-profit sector.
- Bachelor of Management in Public Relations;
- Master of Applied Commerce in Marketing (University of Melbourne).
Jessie (Qi) Zhang
Jessie has gained broad and comprehensive insights into marketing through graduate studies and work experience in the area. She has developed exceptional skills in general marketing management, public relations management and service marketing through professional experience in both international companies and not-for-profit organisations. The combination of skills and experience enables her to create, implement and control integrated marketing programs in an effective way.
- Bachelor of Medial Science in Nursing;
- Master of Applied Commerce in Marketing (University of Melbourne);
- MBA (in progress, RMIT).
KPI examples published/updated
This week: 9
Certified KPI Professional training
Management IQ test
is an example of
This feature is only available to smartKPIs Explorer, Premium and Insight subscribers. Purchase a subscription now.